Where would you be without your favorite web application today? Imagine that you have no longer ability to use the same application across all your devices and share/edit or send information to your friends using the same version of the app? Or isn’t it a nightmare to install all your applications on the hard drive? In this article we will talk about web applications and why Ruby on Rails is ideal for Web App development.
So, as we said before, a modern user will never come back to that out of date scheme of using apps installed on the hard drive: only one device, no more space, particular OS and its version… With web app, there’s no need in special requirements. Future brings flexibility.
And if user experience has obviously become something pleasant and easy, developer experience might seem more complicated now. But it’s not always so. We want to tell you about the great and simple tool to develop any web application with no headache. Let’s talk about advantages of Ruby on Rails web app development.
Everybody knows why Rails is good for fast prototyping and loved by programmers. But let us remind you some of its benefits which make them great for web app development.
- With Rails developers can automate many tasks. Rails set up routes for you. (Here you can understand why they called “Rails”: just go along the rails and you wouldn’t get lost!). Routes are the backbone that strings the MVC together
- Writing from scratch with Ruby on Rails can give you a set of conventions that would encourage better architecture
- Due to a leaner code-base, modular design and using existing plugins, Ruby on Rails web application can be launched two times faster. The reasons mentioned above also lead to providing fast and easy future web app modifications: adding new features, making changes to the data model and so on
- Rails users have no need to know regular expressions to define routes as they do in Django, for instance. In other words, the developer on your project work with no difficulties, no hurry and no extra lines of code make him stressful. Relaxed and happy, he knows that he can find any gem he needs or ask whatever he interested in the Rails community
- Plenty of supporting Rails libraries will help you with any web application you create
- Rails encourage good coding practices with test suites, tools to analyze your code. The framework is developed to prioritize testing so that makes your development process even easy
- Moreover, for medium size database sites, RoR is exceptionally easy to deploy and manage remotely
That are the main benefits of web app development with Ruby on Rails.
Read about world famous web apps was created with Ruby on Rails in 10 famous Ruby on Rails web applications.
And stay tuned! We will proceed with web app development topic. In our next material you will find out Top-10 web applications for business will make you more efficient.