The new version of one of the world’s most popular frontend component library is eventually here! Syndicode is happy to announce that Bootstrap 4 has finally arrived.
Nearly every example has been overhauled for the stable v4 release. Bootstrap team removed a couple outdated examples, added brand new ones, and really overhauled a few others.
Some key improvements for Bootstrap 4 include:
- Print styles and utility classes have been updated
- Additive border utilities have been added (e.g., .border-top) and default to a solid 1px light gray border
- $spacers and $sizes Sass maps have been updated to allow more customization the same way our color maps work
- Added documentation to Theming docs for using provided CSS variables for those are living on the edge and don’t want to use Sass
- Added responsive .order-0 and .order-last classes for more control over the flexbox grid.
The details of the new version can be found here.
Also, check our material about Twitter Bootstrap Theme on Rails.