If you are standing at the crossroads and not sure whether you should start Ruby, here’s a magic ping that will give you a hint. Ruby is cool enough for learning and great for different software products. A few months ago we shared with you the ultimate list of books and courses to learn Ruby on Rails. Now’s the time to show you books and tutorials for learning and mastering Ruby language!
Without delay, the main part is here!
- Ruby in Twenty Minutes
A nice tutorial covering the basics of Ruby. From start to finish it shouldn’t take you more than twenty minutes.
- Ruby From Other Languages
Coming to Ruby from another language? Whether it’s C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, or Python, you will find this article useful!
- Learn Ruby The Hardway
Learn Ruby The Hard Way is the same highly popular way for total beginners to finally learn how to code but for the Ruby programming language.
- Try Ruby
Learn the basic building blocks of the Ruby programming language.
- Ruby Documentation
Help and documentation for the Ruby programming language.
- Learn Ruby in Y minutes
Learn X in Y minutes where X=ruby.
- Ruby Monk
Free, interactive tutorials to help you discover Ruby idioms, in your browser.
A programming adventure for Ruby beginners illustrated with cartoon foxes. And other animals.
- Ruby Koans
Here you will learn the Ruby language, syntax, structure, and some common functions and libraries, plus its culture.
- Ruby Guides
Become an expert Ruby developer one guide at a time! Ruby tutorials, guides & videos for the serious Ruby developer.
- Humble Little Ruby Book
A free e-book that teaches Ruby in a not lame way.
- Learn Ruby First
Learn Ruby First focuses on core programming concepts and essential domain fundamentals.
- Learn Ruby from Codecademy Edit
Codecademy is the easiest way to learn how to code. It’s interactive, fun, and you can do it with your friends.
- Learn Ruby by Example with Challenges
A variant of this reference with in-browser challenges.
- An Interactive Tutorial for Ruby
Learn Ruby through a series of interactive tutorials.
- Comprehensive Ruby Programming
This Ruby video tutorial will start from scratch and move to advanced coding techniques.
- Ruby Metaprogramming
This Ruby Metaprogramming video will help you understand and explain the code in all popular gems. You will be able to write your own DSL’s for your business domain.
- Ruby Programming for Beginners
This Ruby video course is packed with Ruby source code, Ruby sample files, and Ruby examples.
- Advanced Ruby Programming: 10 steps to mastery
This Ruby course assumes you have mastered the basics of Ruby and are ready to move onto advanced Ruby. You will learn some of the more advanced Ruby features including blocks, procs, threads, regular expressions, exception handling, singletons, and metaprogramming.
- Intro To Ruby For Game Development
This Ruby game development tutorial will teach you game development using the Gosu library.
- Programming Ruby – An older free edition is available online.
- The Well-Grounded Rubyist -The Well-Grounded Rubyist is masterfully written and focuses on Ruby and all its concepts and how to use them. This book deepens your knowledge of all things Ruby and focuses on concepts such as keywords, enumerators, etc.
- Effective Ruby: 48 Specific Ways to Write Better Ruby – Effective Ruby is jam-packed with 48 tips & tricks that will make your Ruby code more elegant and can be implemented instantly.
- Eloquent Ruby – Eloquent Ruby is all about writing code following the best practices of Ruby, with a new approach on how to think and problem solve.
- The Ruby Way: Solutions and Techniques in Ruby Programming -The Ruby Way is packed with over hundreds of examples in a question & answer format. The answers are highly detailed, walking you through why and how to use that particular solution.
Ruby Style Guide – A community-driven Ruby coding style guide.
If you have any other useful sources to share, don’t hesitate to add them in comments!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!