From now on we will collect the most popular and promising GitHub RoR repositories and share this list with you. Don’t miss the first edition of the new Syndicode’s digest about weekly trending Ruby on Rails repositories!
The list starts with the most recent updates.
Weekly trending Ruby on Rails GitHub repositories
- fat_free_crm is an open source, Ruby on Rails CRM that features group collaboration, campaign and lead management, contact lists, and opportunity tracking.
- Brakeman is an open source vulnerability scanner specifically designed for Ruby on Rails applications. It statically analyzes Rails application code to find security issues at any stage of development.
p.s. However, additional reading about security issues solutions in RoR will be useful.
- Refinery is the open source CMS on the Ruby on Rails framework that that supports Rails 5.1+. It is modular and extendable and is flexible enough to allow for any and every design imaginable.
- Active Admin is a Ruby on Rails plugin for generating administration style interfaces. It abstracts common business application patterns to make it simple for developers to implement interfaces with very little effort.
- With Client Side Validations you can support custom validations, automatically extract and apply validation rules defined on the server to the client, validate nested fields and follow the best practices for client-side validations.
- Spree is a complete open source e-commerce solution built with Ruby on Rails. It consists of several different gems, each of which are maintained in a single repository and documented in a single set of online documentation.
p.s. Some of you could be already familiar with Spree as we wrote about in on our series of articles about online marketplaces.
- MetaTags is a gem that provides SEO for Ruby on Rails applications. It supports Ruby on Rails 4.2+ and is tested against all major Rails releases up to 5.1.
- Simple Form for Rails helps you in creating forms, tied to a simple DSL, with no opinion on markup.
- Camaleon CMS is a dynamic and advanced content management system based on Ruby on Rails 4+ and Ruby 1.9.3+. This CMS is an alternative to WordPress for Ruby on Rails developers to manage advanced contents easily.
- Redmine is an open source flexible project management web application. Written using the Ruby on Rails framework, it is cross-platform and cross-database.
- Rails-i8n is an open-source project to capture the spirit and challenges of the Rails internationalization world. Rails-i8n repository collects locale data for Ruby on Rails.
- Another powerful Ruby on Rails 5.2+ CMS Engine has an interesting name of ComfortableMexicanSofa.
If you have some other interesting and popular RoR GitHub repositories you want to share, don’t hesitate and write us about them!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to find more interesting stuff!