Look what we’ve found! This is the results of 2018 Ruby on Rails Developer Community Survey! Over 2,000 members of the Rails community kindly contributed their thoughts on tools, frameworks, and workflows in their day to day development lives. Even if you could say that the number of respondents is not representative, still, from these responses we hope to get an understanding of where the Rails community is as a whole in 2018. Enjoy!
The results of 2018 Ruby on Rails Developer Community Survey
- 72 countries represented in the survey
- 65% of respondents reported they work in a product shop
- 45% of respondents have 7+ years of experience working with Rails (75% with 4+)
- Agencies use more monoliths than microservices
- Freelancers tend to be more working in Rails for more than 10+ years
- Half of all respondents answered that most or all of the applications they work on are updated to the most recent version of Rails
- 49% of respondents say they use rubocop as the code quality tool
- 58% of responses indicated they are using container tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- devise, sidekiq, pry, rspec and rubocop are the top 5 loved gems
- PostgreSQL leading the database pack with 85%
There are more of interesting survey details can be found here!
p.s. And interesting chart about continuous integration as a spoiler:
Also, you can browse for other Rails related news with this tag.