This week we doubled the number of digests. There are so many great news we can’t fit in one, so we made two. But only as an exception, so don’t get too excited! By the way, рave you ever woken up before an alarm clock? We think it could happen when you really can’t relax always thinking about your work, projects, deadlines, bugs, fixes and so on. Know what? It wouldn’t help if you’ll always be distressed. So relax and get a good sleep. Have a Happy Friday with our latest Syndicode Digest #53 – Anxious pillow!
- Git rebase is a quite powerful tool. You use it for tracking down the source of bugs in your code. But there are some Git challenges that may not be obvious when you prefer rebasing branches before merging…
- Add this new ‘Exploding Rails‘ book to your programmer’s reading list! It will show you how to improve a Rails application’s structure by using the rom-rb and dry-rb set of gems and move away from messy models and move towards crisp, clean code.
- Continuing the previous topic, we’d like to share with you the material about the future of Rails. It is said that Rails 6 will start making Rails scalable by default with parallel testing and improved support for using multiple databases!
- When talking about plugins, peer dependencies are always better! They give the users full control over which version of the core libraries they want to use and guarantee that they will be shared consistently with any package that adds to them like the plugin. Learn to make dependencies done right.
- Did you know that when you build React + Redux App that has Webpack, Webpack and Node.js can provide all the tools you need to reduce the app’s size? There are two ways to reduce React app’s size in production.
- Learn how a Component Library From SVG Illustrations for unDraw (we wrote about it in our previous Syndicode Digest #52) was created. This is the open source npm package that makes SVG illustrations into customizable React components.
- You might hate Infinite scrolls as a user, but you know how useful they are when you need to load large amounts of data or images. This is a quite simple tutorial on Implementing an Infinite Scroll with Vue.js.
- Some new great tool for designers. Meet Design Arsenal, an optimized desktop app with the time-saving features for designers. Using this app you can change fonts without downloading and installing them, get the instant access to famous icon packs as SVG files, and integrate everything with Sketch, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
- Server-side rendering (SSR) tutorial with AngularFire2 that has been a highly requested topic is here! In the past, there were compatibility issues between Angular Universal and the Firebase Web SDK. Now it’s possible to combine these two powerful tools into reliable Search Engine Optimization solution for Angular-Firebase apps.
Read more of interesting news in our weekly newsletter!