Despite today is Saturday, we can’t miss the important news! Syndicode is here to announce that Angular 6 was released yesterday! This is a major release focused less on the underlying framework, and more on the toolchain and on making it easier to move quickly with Angular in the future.
In new 6.0.0 release of Angular you’ll find:
- ng update – a new CLI command that analyzes your package.json and uses its knowledge of Angular to recommend updates to your application
- ng add – new CLI command that makes adding new capabilities to your project
- Angular Elements – first release of Angular Elements is focused on allowing you to bootstrap Angular components within an existing Angular application by registering them as Custom Elements
- Angular Material + CDK Components – the biggest addition is the new tree component for displaying hierarchical data
- Angular Material Starter Components: Material Sidenav, Material Dashboard, Material Data Table
- CLI Workspaces – the support for workspaces containing multiple projects, such as multiple applications or libraries
- Library Support – the support for creating and building libraries
- Tree Shakable Providers – for only bundle services into your code base in modules where they are injected
- Animations Performance Improvements
- Angular has been updated to use v6 of RxJS
- Long Term Support (LTS)!
Explore Angular tag to find more about it on our news blog.
Don’t miss anything interesting! Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!