There’s so much we want to share with you! It’s almost a month since we last made a scope of the most interesting GitHub Rails open source projects! But that just means that we had more time to pick something really awesome! In this digest, you’ll find a gem for live editing phrases, Rails Engine for the GDPR compliance, a system for handle support requests, Ruby on Rails CMS, Ruby libraries and more… Read about all of them in our weekly trending Ruby on Rails repositories. May, 18.
The list starts with the most recent updates.
Weekly trending Ruby on Rails GitHub repositories
- Phrasing is a gem for live editing phrases (copy) on websites. With Phrasing, you can dit phrases inline for your Ruby on Rails applications!
- gdpr_rails is a Rails Engine for the GDPR compliance. PolicyManager (Aka GDPR RAILS) was created with flexibility in mind to comply with the requirements of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). It’s currently being developed at preyproject and will be battle-tested from May 25th.
- Brimir is a simple Ruby on Rails application, a helpdesk system that can be used to handle support requests via an incoming email.
- Shrine is a toolkit for file attachments in Ruby applications. It offers a plugin framework, integration with popular ORMs, flexible processing of images, resumable uploads, and more.
- Tracks is a GTD™(Getting Things Done) web application, built with Ruby on Rails.
- kms project is a simple and powerful Ruby on Rails CMS for developers called APIQ. This is a modern and flexible Ruby on Rails content management system with a modular approach. It utilizes the latest features from Rails and PostgreSQL (such as JSON column type, for example).
- GitHub::DS is a collection of Ruby libraries for working with SQL on top of ActiveRecord’s connection.
- Wicked PDF is a PDF generator for Ruby on Rails. With Wicked PDF, rather than dealing with a PDF generation DSL of some sort, you simply write an HTML view as you would normally, then let Wicked PDF take care of the hard stuff. By the way, we already mentioned this gem earlier this year in the list of gems for creative developers.
- PropertyWebBuilder is Ruby on Rails engine for creating real estate websites. It is multilingual, with fully featured admin panel and Google maps integration.
- siwapp is an Online Invoice Management in Ruby On Rails.
- StackNeverOverFlow is a simple QA platform using ruby on rails. You can post your question and get answer from other users or comment on the answer by yourself.
- aws-sdk-rails is the official repository for the aws-sdk-rails gem, which integrates the AWS SDK for Ruby V2 with Ruby on Rails. This is one of the most used gems over the time.
- GitHub Classroom automates repository creation and access control, making it easy to distribute starter code and collect assignments on GitHub.