Here in Syndicode we do have experienced team of Rails developers. And you can check our level by evaluating our projects and clients’ testimonials. But what to do if you want to hire a freelance developer? How will you find out his or her level? Especially if you are a non-technical person who has never hired a developer before… But we found for you the scope of questions for freelance Rails developer!
The scope of questions for freelance Rails developer
- What version control software do you use?
- How often do you release new features for your Rails projects?
- What versions of Rails are the last 5 projects you worked on?
- Do you use exception notification? If so, which one?
- Do you write automated tests for your projects? If yes, what % coverage do you have on current projects? If no, why don’t you use automated tests?
- Do you use a continuous integration tool? If so, which one?
- What is the first thing you would do when starting this project?
The details and possible variants of answers you can find here. However, you should have a technical person nearby to consult you.
Note! Sometimes, for a small project, you can hire a freelance developer. But if your project is big enough and will need support in future, you’d better hire Rails development agency. This will save your time and give you the whole spectrum of needed services delivered by professionals.