Our new ‘Syndicode Digest #59 – Intrusive code’ will be a real lighthouse for the lost developers. If you feel desperation and disappointment – you wrong! Because every effort you made, even if you can’t see the result for a long time, makes you closer to your goal. Even if you don’t know what your goal is yet. Keep trying and never give up!
- We will start with the useful sources for Ruby developers! The author shares his list of ‘do not want to forget’ among witch you will find neat podcasts, blogs, and newsletters. Enjoy!
- Some people do not like GitHub being acquired by Microsoft, some think that it will just improve the situation. Whatever. But here is the list of GitHub alternatives you may use to host your open source project. From widely known Bitbucket and Beanstalk to
Apache Allura and Gitea.
- It’s been a while since we wrote about useful stuff for designers. But today we prepared for UI and UX designers the real pearl – 10 Sketch tricks and techniques! p.s. Have you seen the new Syndicode posters?
- What about Rails testing tricks and snippets? Learn about interactive debug sessions in RSpec with Capybara.
- Bring Phoenix server-side performance metrics to Chrome’s Developer Tools (and other browsers that support the Server Timing API) via the plug_server_timing package.
- We recently wrote about VuePress popularity and the reasons to use. But today we suggest you read an introduction to VuePress. And keep an eye on its official docs!
- How to use development and production environment variables in Vue? If you need to set certain variables for different environments, add the variable in the respective config file and Vue is able to load the variables depending on the active environment.
- Have you ever wanted to get all the records that don’t have any records for a given association? Rails 5 has made it a bit easier with Unassociated Records.
Stay in touch and subscribe to our weekly newsletter!