Some type of knowledge does go outdated. But some data and recipes, ways and tools just going to be improved and reused again and again. How to know whether your knowledge is still valid in new conditions and times? How do you understand when you can apply some old tricks for the new issues? A human brain is a real magic box without capacity limits. And sometimes there’s no need to learn something new. All you have to do is to revise what you already have. Let’s do some knowledge revision with our new Syndicode Digest #63 – Unhide revision.
- It is not the question of what is better, but the question of why React is more popular than Angular nowadays. Back in 2013 the first place in this ‘popularity competition’ was taken by Angular. What has changed since that time? Optionated Angular with its defaults vs the flexibility that React provides…
- Did you know that it is possible to use pattern matching instead of using a map to perform lookups in Elixir? Check the way how the pattern matching works, find the examples and compare maps vs pattern matching in Elixir.
- If you use Rails you may have known about JSON serialization before. If not, then read about what JSON serialization is, why you may need it in your Rails application and how to leverage existing libraries to implement JSON serialization in a concise and performant way.
- Great news for VSCode users! This June Visual Studio Code released a new version that fixed several important issues and added some new features like custom horizontal and vertical editor layout or portable mode to run or copy your VS Code setup from a USB thumb drop or file share, and more.
- Going back to the question of learning and knowledge revision we suggest you take a look at 120 live online courses for IT people. There you will find courses on AI and ML, Blockchain, data science, design, PM, programming, software architecture and more!
To narrow down this list for Rubyists we can also advise you to check this.
- The real power of Redux, its advantages and downsides explained for designers. Spoiler, – Redux doesn’t necessarily require React to work!
- While Phoenix 1.4 will be using Webpack instead of Brunch by default… How to get Webpack working with Phoenix 1.3?
- Inspiration is a very important part of your everyday work! Get inspired by this amazing daily CSS design challenge!
- To make some fun and compare the state of programming from the past with the modern one let’s try ‘Robot Odyssey Online‘ game. This is an amazingly playable Apple II game from 1984. Here you have to program a group of robots to help you escape a sewer. One of the earliest programming-related games, it remains a serious challenge!