There were busy days! Due to the lack of time and bunch of projects, we couldn’t share with you all those great news we found. But today’s digest is a special digest. We’ll include here everything that you could have missed and everything that you should know in the future. The tech stack is evolving with a speed of sound and that’s fantastic! Welcome to our new Syndicode Digest #74 – Charity fair!
- First of all, Bundler is built Into Ruby 2.6! What this inclusion will mean for Ruby, and what will happen when you install Bundler as a gem?
- Also we’re happy to announce that Rails 5.2.2.rc1 has been released.
- An extensive look at the world of WebSockets, the browser technology that can provide a fast, full-duplex persistent connection between a server and client.
- React has a distinct way of handling events. Rather than directly targeting DOM events, React wraps them in their own event wrapper. Let’s learn how to work with events in React!
- Join an experiment of creating a PWA with the help of Vue templates, Vuetify, and Cosmic JS. That’s a lot of joy!
- There’s a lot of hype around Flutter these days. And we’re pretty sure, it has a great future. But how it works in practice? What about Flutter’s pros and cons against its main competitor, React Native?
- A short post by José Valim about what’s new in Elixir 2018. Some of the main enhancements and bug fixes can be found here.
- For a long time, we haven’t written anything about Angular. But lately, we found this interesting repository with all the important information on Angular and GraphQL – Awesome Angular GraphQL. This curated collection of resources, clients and tools can make working with GraphQL and Angular easier.
- That can be a rhetorical question, but at the end of the day ‘what it takes to be a good product designer‘ sounds quite reasonable. Because there are so many things a good product designer should know and be proficient at… The article was created on the base of the analysis of product designer roles from some of the most well-respected companies in the world.
- Learn to use Heredoc in Ruby
- Addy Osmani’s 18-Point Web Performance Checklist
- Native Extensions for Node.js
Check out the post about Luna – a unit testing framework that has no configuration.