Hurray! New Rails digest arrived at the beginning of winter. It is likely, you heard of some open source projects, we share today, before. But it is also for sure, that some other of them from this list is a surprise for you. The worst thing about software development that you can’t use all of the cool tools you know. But more you know – the better solution you can find in future. In this ‘Monthly trending Ruby on Rails repositories. December, 5’ digest you will meet error monitoring for Rails, Vue on Rails gem, publishing framework, DB schema managing tool, carpooling platform, Vim config for Rails and many other awesome repositories!
The list starts with the most recent updates.
Monthly trending Ruby on Rails GitHub repositories
- bugsnag-ruby is a Bugsnag error monitoring for Rails, Sinatra, Rack and Ruby. Any uncaught exceptions will trigger a notification to be sent to your Bugsnag project.
- Alaveteli is an open source project to create a standard, internationalised platform for making Freedom of Information (FOI) requests in different countries around the world.
- Vue on Rails is a Rails gem that makes it easy to build your Rails with Vue components. It ships out-of-the-box configuration, component generators and solutions to make life easy for both Vue and Rails.
- Lines is a customizable publishing framework for Rails developers. LINES is designed for mobile publishing needs, with responsive backend and distraction-free markdown editor.
- Ridgepole is a tool to manage DB schema. It defines DB schema using Rails DSL, and updates DB schema according to DSL.
- icare is an open source carpooling platform used as a basis for the commercial product of Company Carpool.
- vimfiles is a Vim config file specially focus on Rails programming.
- Docker-Rails is a Rails 5.2 application to demonstrate using Docker for production deployment. The application is a simple kind of CMS allowing to manage posts.
- Materialize sass Ruby gem is a Sass powered version of Materialize, a modern responsive frontend framework based on Material Design.
- factory_bot_rails provides Rails integration for factory_bot.
- ajax-datatables-rails is a wrapper around DataTables ajax methods that allow synchronization with server-side pagination in a Rails app.
- Ruby docs samples is a repository that holds samples used in the Ruby documentation on cloud.google.com.
- PaperTrail allows you to track changes to your models, for auditing or versioning. See how a model looked at any stage in its lifecycle, revert it to any version, or restore it after it has been destroyed.
- Sail is a lightweight Rails engine that brings an admin panel for managing configuration settings on a live Rails app.
- Octicons is a scalable set of icons handcrafted by GitHub.
- Libraries.io helps developers find new open source libraries, modules and frameworks and keep track of ones they depend upon.
- gfw is a repository for Global Forest Watch (GFW), a dynamic online forest monitoring and alert system that empowers people everywhere to better manage forests. This repository contains the GFW web app.
- Administrate is a framework for creating flexible, powerful admin dashboards in Rails.
- premailer-rails is a gem for styling HTML emails with CSS without having to do the hard work yourself.
- Tracks is a GTD™ web application, built with Ruby on Rails.
- Rack::Attack is Rack middleware for blocking and throttling abusive requests. It allows you to protect your Rails and Rack apps from bad clients. You can decide when to allow, block and throttle based on properties of the request.
- ReactOnRails is an integration of React + Webpack + Rails using rails/webpacker to build Universal (Isomorphic) Apps (aka Server Rendering).
- Salus is a security scanner coordinator, a tool for coordinating the execution of security scanners. You can run Salus on a repository via the Docker daemon and it will determine which scanners are relevant, run them and provide the output.
- FiniteMachine is a minimal finite state machine with a straightforward and intuitive syntax. You can quickly model states and transitions and register callbacks to watch for triggered transitions.
- Tomatoes is an open source for Tomatoes – a Pomodoro Technique® driven time tracker.
- Mailboxer is a Rails gem to send messages inside a web application.
- Scenic is a versioned database views for Rails. It adds methods to
ActiveRecord::Migrationto create and manage database views in Rails. Using Scenic, you can bring the power of SQL views to your Rails application without having to switch your schema format to SQL.
- timecop is a gem providing ‘time travel’ and ‘time freezing’ capabilities, making it simple to test time-dependent code. It provides a unified method to mock Time.now, Date.today, and DateTime.now in a single call.