Here in Syndicode, we are design experts who are ready to face the next challenge and develop the new outstanding design you will be proud of. At the same time, we can’t stop sharing with you all the hacks and secrets we use to master our skills. So today get ready for the 2018 design tools survey we will definitely take into account. It can be useful for you too!
- The job titles “UX Designer” and “Product Designer” are equally common among respondents.
- 83% of respondents work on a design team of 10 people or less.
- Regardless of company size, most design teams have 10 designers or less.
- 80% of respondents only use Mac for design purposes.
- Traditional media are still best for brainstorming.
- Compared to 2017, Figma passed all three Adobe tools.
- 15% of respondents don’t use any special tools for creating user flows.
- Sketch is the most used tool for creating user flows.
- Only 3% of designers reported that they don’t create wireframes, despite higher trends of using high-fidelity Design Systems.
- While HTML/CSS was high on the list in 2017, it barely appeared in this year’s responses (likely to due a change in options).
- In 2017, designers reported InVision Studio as being the most exciting tool of this year but aren’t showing strong adoption yet.
- All three Adobe tools continue to have almost equal usage.
- Respondents use an average of 3.5 tools to accomplish their prototyping solutions.
- Sketch prototyping has a surprising amount of usage, almost rivaling InVision Classic.
- Framer’s new tool, FramerX, is used only slightly more than its predecessor, Framer Classic.
- 12% of respondents don’t use handoff tools for delivering designs.
- Compared to 2017, Zeplin passed InVision to take first place.
- Sketch is the most highly used Design System tool among respondents.
- 15% of respondents don’t have a Design System (down from 28% last year).
- Despite the introduction of InVision Design System Manager (DSM), InVision’s Craft still holds much of the market.
And many more data that you can find here.
Explore our latest design posts!