There’s no time like the present to jump into Elixir – the functional language that’s taking the programming world very fast. ExVenture is an MMO server written in Elixir and it’s had a lot of cool things get spun off.
Some of the features ExVenture has:
- Web client to play the game
- Telnet access for standard MUD clients
- Can be formed in a cluster
- Powerful web admin panel to manage the game
- Prometheus metrics to see what’s going on
- Cross game chat via Gossip
- Many more
- Using Phoenix Channels, ExVenture ships with a built-in web client
- Hosted by the app itself, accessible by browsing to
There is an admin panel that you can build out the game in. Create zones, rooms, npcs, items, etc. in the panel. They will become live instantly on creating or updating.
You can explore more on exventure.org.
P.S. Try to explore Elixir from a Rubyist’s perspective!