Test automation cannot be realized without good tools. The current test automation trends have increased in applying artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) to offer advanced capabilities for test optimization, intelligent test generation, execution, and reporting. It will be worthwhile to select top 10 automation testing tools to take advantage of these trends.
Here are the top test automation tools that are believed to best address the challenges in automation over the next few years.
- Selenium is the household name when it comes to test automation. It is considered the industry standard for user interface automation testing of Web applications.
- Katalon Studio is a powerful and comprehensive automation solution for testing API, Web, and mobile apps.
- UFT is a popular commercial tool to test desktop, Web, and mobile application.
- TestComplete continues to be in the list this year for its powerful and comprehensive set of features for Web, mobile, and desktop application testing.
- SoapUI is not a test automation tool for Web or mobile app testing; but it can be a tool of choice to test API and services.
- IBM Rational Functional Tester is a test automation tool designed for testing of applications that are developed using different languages and technologies such as Web, Net, Java, Visual Basic, Siebel, SAP, PowerBuilder, Adobe Flex, and Dojo Toolkit.
- Tricentis Tosca has many features such as dashboards, analytics, integrations, and distributed executions to support continuous integration and DevOps practices.
- Ranorex provides a comprehensive and professional set of features for Web, mobile, desktop, and API testing.
- Postman is another automation tool designed for API testing. Users can install this tool as a browser extension or a desktop application on Mac, Linux, Windows.
- JMeter is an open-source tool designed for test loading and performance measurement — two features of which JMeter is known.
Your choice of testing tools should not only meet your current needs but should also focus on potential trends and improvements. More tools are introduced here.
After reading about all those testing tools you deserved the right to find out more JS and Node testing best practices. Keep learning!