Do you agree that the art of programming is the art of organizing complexity, of mastering multitude and avoiding its bastard chaos as effectively as possible? If so, here we are with the Ruby that always offers such possibilities. Spreadsheet Architect is a Ruby library to create XLSX, ODS, or CSV spreadsheets.
Spreadsheet Architect is a library that allows you to create XLSX, ODS, or CSV spreadsheets super easily from ActiveRecord relations, plain Ruby objects, or tabular data.
- Dead simple custom spreadsheets with custom data
- Data Sources: ActiveRecord relations, array of plain Ruby object instances, or tabular 2D Array Data
- Easily style and customize spreadsheets
- Create multi sheet spreadsheets
- Setting Class/Model or Project specific defaults
- Simple to use ActionController renderers for Rails
- Plain Ruby (without Rails) completely supported
If you would like to add the methods
to_rodf_spreadsheet to some class, you can simply include the SpreadsheetArchitect module to whichever classes you choose. A good default strategy is to simply add it to the ApplicationRecord or another parent class to have it available on all appropriate classes.
More details instructions can be found here. But remember to treat your code like poetry and take it to the edge of the bare minimum!
And don’t miss that the JVM-oriented Ruby implementation gets updated – JRuby 188.8.131.52 is here!