Why hire Ukrainian software developers? Ukrainian IT industry is practically the same age as independent Ukraine, but its influence on the Ukrainian market is indisputable. We can not imagine economic growth without this essential element now. More than 100 representatives in the Fortune 500 list of the most successful companies in the world are loyal customers of Ukrainian IT business. The Global Sourcing Association has recognized Ukraine as the best IT service provider to the UK, and the reputable US business magazine Inc. includes Ukrainian companies in the list of the most dynamically developed ones. All this is a genuinely significant result that has been achieved through the years of hard work.
The development of the IT market in Ukraine
The share of the IT industry in the Ukrainian economy is 4% of GDP, that is about 185.000 workers, and by the end of the year, this number will reach 250.000 people. The results of the IT industry development in Ukraine are striking: our country is ahead of the average growth rate of that segment in the world, demonstrating a steady growth of 11-26% annually.
According to the official data, there are about 4 thousand software development companies in Ukraine with a number of employees more than 80 people, but many specialists work in companies with more than 80 staff members. Based on these numbers, we can make an assumption that approximately:
- 70% companies provide IT services to a wide range of clients (EPAM, GlobalLogic, Netcracker, Grammarly, etc.),
- about 15% – are Global In-house centers (GIC) for one parent company (Wargaming.net, Ring, Samsung R & D Institute Ukraine, Oracle)
- and 15% provide their own product (Genesis, EVO, Terrasoft).
From what countries we benefit the most? The majority of incomes comes from the United States, while the United Kingdom takes second place. Ukrainian companies have also been cooperating with representatives from Germany, Canada, Israel, Sweden, and Switzerland for a long time. Unfortunately, the Ukrainian market is still has a long way to become one of the contributors to the development of its own IT industry growth.
Main trends in education and technical skills needed in 2019
In the era of digitalization, the sphere of programming is changing extremely fast. For programmers the education has a specific value – you have to continually improve your skills to stay professional and understand the trends. What should we expect by the end of this year?
- Low-code development is growing its popularity. That is a type of software development and web application where you need to assemble an application from separate parts. This model is more simple and lets the client who does not understand the programming, to be able to understand and independently adjust his project.
- Quality and choice of code language. So that the company needs to operate efficiently, we need an individual approach to the tasks of different types. This is the task perfectly matching custom software development services. And this is also a case for detailed Discovery Session Syndicode provides for each project no matter the size.
- Progressive web applications (PWA). In our material about why your next project should be a PWA, you will find out what progressive web apps are. They are easy to develop; that’s why many mobile application development companies started to focus on PWA applications.
- Artificial intelligence. This is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computer systems. The development of AI helps to expand business in the software market.
- Blockchain technology. Despite its disputable reputation, these technologies create a single data register and thereby simplifies many banking operations, like financial transactions and others. In recent years, blockchain events and conferences indicated a high demand for this technology in Ukraine.
- Cybersafety exists in all spheres of human life and its improvement is possible with the growth of programming development. Developers should pay attention to the threat of data and software leakage.
- Outsourcing. The IT industry has many outsourcing projects, as business owners prefer to work with third-party developers without hiring them. For Ukrainian software development outsourcing companies, this is a good sign because our market is favorable for foreign clients due to great opportunities and collaboration conditions in Ukraine.
- IoT applications. These are the latest technologies in the software development industry at both consumer and industry levels. It shows growth in all areas related to security and customer service.
Well-known software development Ukrainian companies
Over the past two years, the number of specialists in the top 50 largest IT companies has grown by more than a third – from 43 thousand to 58 thousand. Two companies have crossed the threshold of “6000 specialists”, so the three leaders of the rating have been updated.
At the beginning of 2019, the number of new offices of the companies from the top-50 list doubled comparing to 2018. Regarding its geography, new offices have appeared in such Ukrainian cities as Kyiv, Lviv, and Rivne and abroad, in Malaga, Berlin, Warsaw, Krakow, Toronto, Turin, London, Bucharest, Eindhoven, Charlotte, Chicago, and even Tokyo and Seoul. The largest company in Kyiv is EPAM (more than 2,800 specialists), NIX Solutions (1,700) – in Kharkiv, and SoftServe (more than 3,000) in Lviv.
Syndicode is not a big company. Instead, we gathered a flexible team of 50+ developers that are ready to use their engineering mindset in custom development or team extension for any startup or large business needs.
World-known companies created by Ukrainian developers
Many Ukrainian IT-entrepreneurs founded the world-known IT companies. The profits of these companies bring millions of dollars to the country industry, and millions of people around the world use their services. Ukraine Software Development Companies are considered reliable and perspective. Let’s look closer to some of them:
- Paymentwall was founded in April 2010. One of its co-founders is Ukrainian – Volodymyr Kovalyov. The main customers are the owners of online games and web-portals with paid options, such as online games, dating sites, and online services. More than 30,000 customers use their services Paymentwall and their solutions are available in more than 20 languages in more than 200 countries. Paymentwall offices are located in 10 countries of the world, including Berlin, San Francisco, Istanbul, Manila, and Kyiv.
- Grammarly was founded by Alexei Shevchenko and Maxim Lytvyn. The program in real-time can check grammatical and syntactical errors and incorrect constructions, find plagiarism and offer better solutions. The company has two offices: in San Francisco and Kyiv.
- Terrasoft is primarily known as a CRM and Service Desk system manufacturer founded by Katerina Kostereva and Alexander Popov. Today Terrasoft is the leading provider of CRM solutions in the CIS market. The company has offices in five countries (Ukraine, Russia, Latvia, USA, and the United Kingdom), with more than 6,000 clients. In addition to developing software products, the company is engaged in IT consulting and implementation of CRM-strategies.
- DepositPhotos is an international photo bank that makes services between image authors and their buyers. It was founded y Dmitro Sergeev. The service offers photos, vector images, and free videos. The company provides services to clients from all over the world, maintaining support in 14 languages. The cost of buying an image for a loan starts at $ 0.75, the subscription cost starts at $ 49 per month.
Your future company can be on this list too!
By the way, to be successful you have to embrace new technologies and hacks available nowadays. Do you want to know what innovations can grow your business and save money?
Statistics on programming languages use and demand
- The percentage of projects in C ++ and C has increased.
- Projects that were written in Go starting to decline.
- The use of Swift began to decrease.
However, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React.js, Python and PHP along with Swift and Android proved their reliability. That’s why many companies prefer this tech stack for web and mobile development services. So as we do!
Why hire Ukrainian software developers?
To conclude, we’d like to highlight the main reasons why Ukrainian software developers are in demand these days. There are four of them:
Hiring software developers in Ukraine will cost you much cheaper than hiring a specialist from the UK, the US or Australia. Why? Taxes, regulations and local level of expenses. Living in Ukraine will cost your developers less than living in western or central Europe. But the living conditions, food, infrastructure, and banking system are very good.
It is proven that Ukrainian developers are very skilled and motivated. They absorb new technologies and trends, master their skills to make outstanding software solutions and compete on the international level. They are self-motivated and very responsible.
Ukraine is located in eastern Europe that makes business meetings and communication with any European client as easy as one-hour flight. Moreover, our time zone UTC+2 (UTC+3) is very convenient for communication with US partners when to start or to end a business day.
It is also known that Ukrainian developers (as they are bi-lingual from their birth) tend to have good skills in languages. That’s why most of the developers have a good level of English which makes work with any foreign company easy.
Syndicode in the Ukrainian and world IT market
As a custom software development company, since 2014, Syndicode’s team has been gaining experience in building custom software products and solutions. Our expertise allows our software developers to create projects specifically for our clients and create digital products that fill their needs. We love building simple and unique solutions for the best customer experience. Our web and mobile developers know how to build products and services, and we are proud to fulfill many well-known projects in Ukraine and other countries.
We are experts in different technologies and industries:
- We have a team of experts in building and integrating logistics information systems and services.
- We are proud to have a deal with customers that operate in the fields of express delivery, container shipping, freight trucking.
- We also have extensive experience with the classical hardware and modern cloud-based hosting types.
- In each particular case, our architect designs a specific technological stack to support load and security requirements.
Today we can be confident in one thing. Ukraine is extremely popular as a software outsourcing destination and its IT industry is continuing to show a fantastic growth rate. The statistics and data collected from different resources as well as our experience, show that Ukrainian software developers are highly in demand internationally, they have excellent development skills, they learn new programming languages very fast, they are incredibly motivated.
As we mentioned in our material about where to hire a Rails developer, at Syndicode we charge 25–49$ per hour for Ruby/Rails developer depending on the developer’s level. In the US or UK, you will pay about 150$ per hour for the same developer. Moreover, Ukrainian Ruby/Rails developers are twice better in terms of quality, additional expenses, and the timeframe. This can be explained by high competition in the market. It happened so, that Ukrainian developers are pro-active and most of them obtain large skillset that helps them to solve any task no matter the complexity.
If you are considering the possibility of software outsourcing, Ukraine can be a great choice in terms of software quality and the costs involved. And Syndicode will help you to be ahead of the pack! Read about our dedicated software development team and you will have no doubts!
Fulfill your goals hiring the best software developers in Ukraine!
- New report: Ukraine, Poland Belarus, and Romania represent ‘tech talent goldmine’
- Happy Monday. Export growth and the highest wages: why the Ukrainian IT market is developing faster than others
- Mind. Going for a breakthrough: the Ukrainian IT market is growing faster than the global one.
- Ukrainian IT Industry Report.
- Dou. Top 50 IT companies of Ukraine in January 2019: an increase of 18% per year and overcoming the mark of “6,000 specialists”
- StartupLine. 6 world-known IT companies established in Ukraine.
- Medium.10 trends in software development in 2019.