Some people say that Summer is a low period when most of the people take vacations and the overall activity is dying. The same theory might be applied to developers. But here is a contrasting point – developers are passionate people and they will hardly go anywhere without their laptops. So even being on a vacation (palms, seashore, sun, and cocktails), they would still browse for some news and code something… Today all the devs got a jackpot – a new issue of our ‘Monthly trending Ruby on Rails repositories’ digest with a Ruby gem to bundle gems, a syntax highlighter, a framework for website administration, a gem to define behaviors between classes and many other great open source Ruby/Rails projects on GitHub!
The list starts with the most recent updates.
Monthly trending Ruby on Rails GitHub repositories
- Bundler is a Ruby gem to bundle gems that makes sure Ruby applications run the same code on every machine. It does this by managing the gems that the application depends on. Given a list of gems, it can automatically download and install those gems, as well as any other gems needed by the gems that are listed.
- Rouge is a pure-ruby syntax highlighter. It can highlight 100 different languages, and output HTML or ANSI 256-color text.
- Active Admin is a well-known Ruby on Rails framework for creating elegant backends for website administration.
- fullstaq-ruby-umbrella is a repository with overarching documents and issue tracker for Fullstaq Ruby. Fullstaq Ruby is an MRI-based Ruby distribution that’s optimized for server production use cases. It is compiled with the Jemalloc and malloc_trim patches, allowing lower memory usage and higher performance.
- Behaves is a gem that helps you define behaviors between classes. It is especially useful for dealing with adapter patterns by making sure that all of your adapters define the required behaviors.
- Shoryuken is an efficient Amazon SQS thread-based message processor for Ruby.
- fog is the Ruby cloud services library that makes clouds easier to work with and switch between, allows users to get the most out of the features of each individual cloud, and makes testing easier.
- ScreenRecorder is a Ruby gem to video record your computer screen – desktop or a specific window.
- Truemail is a configurable plain Ruby email validator. Performing email addresses validation via Regex, MX and SMTP.
- Opal is a compile-to-JS language for Ruby. Read a review about Opal on Syndicode blog.
- Rodauth is an authentication and account management framework for rack applications. It’s built using Roda and Sequel, but it can be used with other web frameworks, database libraries, and databases.
- Onebox is a library for turning media URLs into simple HTML previews of the resource. Onebox currently has support for page, image, and video URLs for many popular sites.
- Timeliness is a date/time parser for Ruby that is extensible with custom formats and tokens.
- Flatware is a parallel test runner for RSpec and Cucumber with pretty output.
- Phrasing is a gem for live editing phrases (copy) on websites.
- ReCaptcha helpers for Ruby apps is a gem that provides helper methods for the reCAPTCHA API.
- ValidatesTimeliness is a date and time validation plugin for ActiveModel and Rails. Supports multiple ORMs and allows custom date/time formats.
- ActiveModelAttributes is a Ruby gem with ActiveRecord-like Attributes API for ActiveModel.
- omniauth-apple is a repository with OmniAuth strategy for Sign In with Apple.
- Rambulance is a simple and safe way to dynamically render error pages or JSON responses for Rails apps.
- WebMock is a library for stubbing and setting expectations on HTTP requests in Ruby.
- PostgreSQLCursor extends ActiveRecord to allow for efficient processing of queries returning a large number of rows, and allows you to sort your result set.
As Ruby on Rails development agency, Syndicode guarantees you the best engineers to work on your next Ruby project!