IT outsourcing company Syndicode is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer with at least 3 years of experience.
About the project
The project is a bicycle rental marketplace company based in Austria. It helps people instantly find and rent various types of bicycles in a specific location via a user-friendly web platform. The launch is planned for the Spanish market. The project is customly developed from scratch. Duration is 6+ months.
• Hosting: Heroku, Amazon S3;
• Backend: RoR;
• Frontend: React JS;
• Search engine: ElasticSearch;
• Database: PostgreSQL, Redis;
• Third-party: Stripe, Google geolocation API, Sendgrid, Cloudflare.
Team: 1 FE developer (markup + react); 1 BE developer; 1 PM.
- 3+ years of web application development experience with a backend focus;
- Strong idiomatic Ruby on Rails knowledge and practice required;
- Strong judgement in election of gems, dependencies and datastores;
- Understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools;
- Strong database fundamentals and experience with SQL;
- Practices Test-Driven Development;
- Proficient at debugging complex problems;
- Our candidate should have an Upper-Intermediate English level (B2) or higher to communicate with clients.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications;
- Produce clean code based on specifications;
- Participate in sprint planning;
- Implement new product and features;
- Work in an agile team and communicate with the client.
- How many stages of the interview? — 3 steps: HR interview, Professional interview, Interview with CEO.
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? — Two months.
- How often are there overtimes, and what is the approach to payment? — We aim to maintain a work-life balance and usually do not practice overtime. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a standard working day.
- What is the work schedule? — We focus not on the hours but the result. The working schedule is flexible, from 8:00-11:00 to 17:00-20:00, respectively.
- Is it possible to work remotely for some days? — Each employee has the opportunity to work remotely or full remote.
- What is the number of vacation days? — Fifteen working days, excluding holidays and weekends.
- What is the number of paid sick days per year? — The company provides 100% compensation for twenty sick days per year.
- What about medical insurance? — Each employee has medical insurance after the trial period.
- What about the English lessons? — Syndicode provides the courses in groups.
- Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a, Kyiv / Hlinky 2, of. 1003, Dnipro.
- Parking is (Both Kyiv and Dnipro).
How many stages of the interviews? — 3 steps: HR interview, Tech interview, Interview with CEO.