Are you looking for an interesting project with a cool team?
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer.
What is the project?
The project is an Airbnb-like marketplace for the south of Italy. Leading technologies used in the project are Ruby on Rails 6, Webpacker + React.
The project will be developed from scratch. So you will have a possibility to be involved in the entire process of running a business from MVP to working product.
Opportunities for you
- You will take a crucial role in project development with the other engineers;
- If you might need consulting or mentoring during the progress — we have a couple of senior guys that would be happy to share their knowledge;
- You can impact on technical decisions;
- Improve your English skills during meetings with the client;
- Work on backend stuff only if the frontend is not attractive for you.
Key product features
- Map with directions (Google API);
- Products search and booking system;
- Picture and video support;
- Vendor admin & statistics panels.
- Hosting: Heroku, Amazon S3
- Backend: RoR
- Frontend: React JS
- Search engine: ElasticSearch
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Third-party: Stripe, Google geolocation API, Sendgrid, Cloudflare.
What professional skills are vital to us?
- Experience with building REST API on Rails;
- Strong idiomatic Ruby on Rails knowledge and practice required;
- Strong judgment in election of gems, dependencies, and datastores;
- Understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools;
- Strong SQL database fundamentals;
- Practices Test-Driven Development;
- Proficient at debugging complex problems.
What will be a plus?
Experience with React and frontend knowledge.
What main tasks will you perform?
- Build API for the platform;
- Provide details to frontend team;
- Report your progress to the project manager;
- Be responsible for the coding, testing, debugging, documentation, delivering the result.
- Take part in the monitoring of production stack;
- Consider quality through code reviews and pair programming with a tech team;
- Participate in project meetings and technical decisions.
What about language proficiency?
Our candidate should have an Upper-Intermediate English level (B2) or higher to communicate with clients.
- Offices in the city center — Maidan Nezalezhnosti in Kyiv and Most City in Dnipro;
- Healthcare insurance after the trial period;
- Flexible working environment (We focus not on the hours but the result. Typically we work from 8:00-11:00 to 17:00-20:00);
- 15 working days for vacation;
- 100% compensation for 20 sick days per year;
- Opportunity to work remotely from any location;
- Internal English lessons.
Q & A
- How many stages of the interview? — 3 steps: HR interview, Tech interview, Interview with CEO.
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? — Two months.
- How often are there overtimes, and what is the approach to payment? — We aim to maintain a work-life balance and usually do not practice overtime work. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a typical working day.
- Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a, Kyiv; Hlinky 2, 1003, Dnipro; Otakara Yarosha lane 22, Kharkiv.
- Parking is available.