Syndicode is a custom software development company founded in 2014. We design and develop various software solutions for businesses, emphasizing indisputable quality, transparency, and trust. The company is headquartered in California, US, with R&D offices in Kyiv and Dnipro, Ukraine.
At Syndicode, we adhere to the peerest standards in software delivery, product design, and business communications. Our commitment to supreme quality and agile iterative approach has led to a long-term trusting partnership with companies worldwide, primarily in the US and Europe.
Dedicated developers at Syndicode stand for a pragmatic engineering mindset and hold strong technical expertise. We put focus on Ruby on Rails development, NodeJS development, ReactJS development and React native development.
Key competitive advantages Syndicode offers to clients are full-cycle product engineering, flexible alignments and direct communication with engineers. We stand for transparency and indisputable quality, providing clear expectations, concrete metrics, and well-defined project flow.
About the project
The project is an Airbnb-like marketplace for the south of Italy. Leading technologies used in the project are Ruby on Rails 6, Webpacker + React.
The project will be developed from scratch. So you will have a possibility to be involved in the entire process of running a business from MVP to working product.
Opportunities for you
- You will take a crucial role in project development with the other engineers;
- If you might need consulting or mentoring during the progress — we have a couple of senior guys that would be happy to share their knowledge;
- You can impact on technical decisions;
- Improve your English skills during meetings with the client;
- Work on backend stuff only if the frontend is not attractive for you.
Key product features
- Map with directions (Google API);
- Products search and booking system;
- Picture and video support;
- Vendor admin & statistics panels.
- Hosting: Heroku, Amazon S3
- Backend: RoR
- Frontend: React JS
- Search engine: ElasticSearch
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis
- Third-party: Stripe, Google geolocation API, Sendgrid, Cloudflare.
What professional skills are vital to us?
- Experience with building REST API on Rails;
- Strong idiomatic Ruby on Rails knowledge and practice required;
- Strong judgment in election of gems, dependencies, and datastores;
- Understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools;
- Strong SQL database fundamentals;
- Practices Test-Driven Development;
- Proficient at debugging complex problems.
What will be a plus?
Experience with React and frontend knowledge.
What main tasks will you perform?
- Build API for the platform;
- Provide details to frontend team;
- Report your progress to the project manager;
- Be responsible for the coding, testing, debugging, documentation, delivering the result.
- Take part in the monitoring of production stack;
- Consider quality through code reviews and pair programming with a tech team;
- Participate in project meetings and technical decisions.
What about language proficiency?
Our candidate should have an Upper-Intermediate English level (B2) or higher to communicate with clients.
- Opportunity to work remotely from any location;
- Healthcare insurance after the trial period (only for Ukrainians);
- Flexible working environment (We focus not on the hours but the result. Typically we work from 8:00-11:00 to 17:00-20:00);
- 15 working days for vacation;
- 100% compensation for 20 sick days per year;
- Internal English lessons.
Q & A
- How many stages of the interview? — 3 steps: HR interview, Tech interview, Interview with CEO.
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? — Two months.
- How often are there overtimes, and what is the approach to payment? — We aim to maintain a work-life balance and usually do not practice overtime work. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a typical working day.
- Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a, Kyiv; Hlinky 2, 1003, Dnipro; Otakara Yarosha lane 22, Kharkiv.