We are looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer who will work with a fantastic team for one of our clients.
About the project
The project is a marketplace where restaurant managers and service providers can find each other and negotiate prices for almost 60 different services. And above standard marketplace features to find suppliers or work, the marketplace gives restaurants and providers the possibility to manage compliance with city authorities through the company’s other project. It offers providers CRM to manage all their clients.
Required skills and experience
- Experience with building REST API on Rails;
- Ruby on Rails knowledge and practice required;
- Strong judgment in the election of gems, dependencies, and datastores;
- Understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools;
- Strong SQL database fundamentals;
- Proficient at debugging complex problems;
- Intermediate English level.
At Syndicode, a Ruby on Rails Developer means that you
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications;
- Produce clean code based on specifications;
- Participate in sprint planning;
- Implement new product and features;
- Work in an agile team and communicate with the client.
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? — Two months.
- How often are there overtimes, and what is the approach to payment? — We aim to maintain a work-life balance and usually do not practice overtime. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a standard working day.
- What is the work schedule? — We focus not on the hours but the result. The working schedule is flexible, from 8:00-11:00 to 17:00-20:00, respectively.
- Is it possible to work remotely for some days? — Each employee has the opportunity to work remotely or full remote.
- What is the number of vacation days? — Fifteen working days, excluding holidays and weekends.
- What is the number of paid sick days per year? — The company provides 100% compensation for twenty sick days per year.
- What about medical insurance? — Each employee has medical insurance after the trial period.
- What about English lessons? — Syndicode provides internal English lessons.
- Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a, Kyiv / Hlinky 2, of. 1003, Dnipro.
We’ll be happy to see you at Syndicode!
A Syndicoder possesses good soft skills, loves what he/she does, can trust and delegate, always ready to learn new things and unites people in difficult situations.
Every Syndicoder is an innate part of SyndicodeFamily, a horizontally built team with a massive pool of interests and knowledge. For us, friendship, empathy, dedication, and respect are not just words – they are what make Syndicode a team.
Clients see us as professionals who have the expertise, dive deep into customer issues and pains, ask the right questions, be proactive, change the approach in challenging situations, and evolve along with the client’s business.
It is unacceptable for us to cheat or be silent about problems on a project, systematically fail to perform our duties, have no desire to develop, and be toxic in any way.
Our core values are Integrity, Openness, Responsibility, and Be ready to support.
- Integrity for us is not only a trait of character but also an atmosphere in the company. It helps us to cope with the most challenging and seemingly unresolvable situations. We choose this value as fundamental to Syndicode. We know for sure that honesty makes us stronger, allows us to trust each other, and quickly correct any mistakes. Syndicode management is honest about the company’s business, income, and expenses. Each employee admits the existing issues to his Project Lead, and the Lead reports to the client about this issue even if he doesn’t know about it. Integrity allows us to gain two-way trust at every level.
- Openness is like glue, connecting us to each other. We are not shy about sharing our emotions and thoughts, goals, and experiences, we give well-deserved compliments, and we are not afraid of constructive criticism. We believe that you can get positive energy when you release it and accumulate it for the team. At Syndicode, you can approach the CEO and ask any question, hear his opinion, and discuss everything that’s on your mind. The guys know practically everything about each other, they are friends in everyday life, and they love team buildings.
- Responsibility is the ability to make decisions in difficult situations, not only for yourself but also for everything that depends on you. Syndicode rewards the employee’s commitment and gives the benefit of the doubt and freedom of action. As a result, you increase your expertise and get the opportunity for professional growth. Your skillset level is equal to the level of responsibility you take on. You can grow to Team Lead when you are developing not only your technical skills but also your managerial skills.
- Be ready to support. Sometimes while performing a complex task, Syndicoder needs a piece of someone else’s experience, the right advice, or just a glimpse from the outside. By offering your help, you expand the range of knowledge and skills, harness related technologies, share experiences, learn new things. As a result, you gain authority, create a casual relationships and develop your soft skills. And since help is a boomerang effect, at Syndicode you can always count on support in return.