If you want to work with exceptional professionals to deliver world-class software – Syndicode is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer! Use your opportunity to become a valuable part of our growing team at Kyiv!
We are Syndicode
We are the team of online services and mobile applications developers. Founded in 2014 we are constantly expanding our technology stack. We work with Node.JS, Elixir, Python but prefer, however, Ruby on Rails, React, and React Native. We have two Ukrainian R&D headquarters in Kyiv and Dnipro. There are dozens of successful projects in our portfolio: marketplaces, online booking systems, CRM systems, online stores. We aim to create a friendly team of professionals for long-term cooperation. The advantage of working with us is the opportunity to develop projects from scratch.
We provide clear expectations, concrete schedule, and a well-defined project description. Thus, each member of our team is involved both in internal and external processes. These are not just employees, but talented developers who love their work. And we hope you’ll become one of them!
There are 40+ different experts in Syndicode team. Each developer in Syndicode team communicates with the client directly, avoiding extra links and odd misunderstandings.
About the project
The two-sided market place matching lifelong learners with opportunities. Its vision consists of a market network , which composes with three core elements:
- A Marketplace with matchmaker to find and book the lifelong learning opportunities;
- A Social network to connect with peers, tutors, coaches and learning institutions;
- A workflow module to manage the interaction between all involved parties.
Required skills and experience
- jQuery, PostreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL;
- RSpec, Capybara, Cucumber;
- Capistrano, Nginx, Redis, Unicorn, Puma, Ubuntu, AWS, Heroku.
Will be a plus
- Database knowledge, preferably with relational and non-relational databases;
- Experience implementing APIs;
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of server management (deployment, monitoring, optimizing, etc.) a plus;
- Good knowledge in backend infrastructure technologies like Linux, AWS, Continuous Integration/Delivery, Docker;
- Prior experience with source control tools — Git, Github;
- Loves working in an Agile environment;
- Disciplined approach to automated testing and quality assurance;
- Very good communication skills, high proficiency in English.
- Implement new products and features;
- Enjoy the freedom to work on cutting edge technologies and exploring new ones;
- Work in an agile team using pairing, pull request based code reviews, automated testing and continuous integration;
- Take ownership over specific components and continuously work to improve them;
- Be proactive and pay attention to the scalability, performance and availability of our systems;
- Take responsibility to ensure successful results in a data driven environment.
Conditions & benefits
- You’ll become a part of the international team that creates innovative products;
- You will get the top level of the compensation package on the market;
- You will become the part of a friendly team of Syndicode;
- You will work in a cozy and spacious office in the city center of Kyiv (st. Maidan Nezalezhnosti)
- Professional training and development opportunities;
- We will provide you with the workplace, and all the needed equipment;
- Proficient and fun-to-work environment;
- Flexible working hours, ability to work from home;
- Zero bureaucracy and accountant assistance;
- Free snacks/coffee/tea in the office;
- Team building events;
- Paid vacation, sick leave, public holidays.