About our team
A Syndicoder possesses good soft skills, loves what he/she does, can trust and delegate, always ready to learn new things, and unites people in difficult situations.
Every Syndicoder is an innate part of the Syndicode Family, a horizontally built team with a massive pool of interests and knowledge. For us, friendship, empathy, dedication, and respect are not just words – they are what make Syndicode a team.
Clients see us as professionals who have the expertise, dive deep into customer issues and pains, ask the right questions, be proactive, change the approach in challenging situations, and evolve along with the client’s business.
It is unacceptable for us to cheat or be silent about problems on a project, systematically fail to perform our duties, have no desire to develop, and be toxic in any way.
About the project
Musicians On Call brings live and recorded music to the bedsides of patients in healthcare facilities. By delivering live, in-room performances to patients undergoing treatment or unable to leave their beds, they add a dose of joy to life in a healthcare facility.
The Musicians on Call Virtual Program is a four-phase project for Musicians on Call to more easily manage video streaming programs they run for hospitals.
Before COVID-19, this organization visited hospitals in person with teams made up of one musician and one volunteer. These volunteers would sing to patients over the course of 1-2 hours and then collect feedback from patients in a Google Form.
Now during the COVID-19 pandemic, Musicians on Call has shifted to providing the programs through a mixture of YouTube live streams and Zoom calls. These calls are manually passed to hospitals who then distribute the links to patients or play them on televisions in patient’s rooms.
The goal of the project is to help automate and organize the process of creating virtual programs. They do this by allowing the Program Team (Musicians on Call Staff) to create, edit and schedule branded landing pages that include the YouTube embeds, Zoom invites, and any other content they want to push to patients and hospitals about their organization.
Required skills and experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Postgresql database
- Experience in integrating Third-Party APIs (Twillio, Zoom)
- Understanding of deployment process and setup on Heroku
- Idiomatic solid Ruby knowledge and practice required
- Upper-Intermediate English level
- Strong judgment in the election of gems, dependencies, and data stores
- Ability to help frontend guys to set up JS libraries, CSS files, and AJAX requests inside a rails app
- Know how to play with AWS S3
Will be a plus
- Knowledge of background jobs and especially Sidekiq
- Proficient at debugging complex problems
Responsibilities will include
- Build API for the platform
- Provide details to the frontend team
- Report your progress to the project manager
- Be responsible for the coding, testing, debugging, documentation, delivering the result
- Take part in the monitoring of production stack
- Consider quality through code reviews and pair programming with a tech team
- Participate in project meetings and technical decisions
- 3 steps to become a Syndicoder: HR interview, professional interview, interview with CEO
- A trial period is two months
- We usually do not practice overtime. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a standard working day
- The working schedule is flexible, from 8:00-11:00 to 17:00-20:00, respectively
- Fifteen vacation days, excluding all national holidays and weekends
- Twenty sick days per year
- Each employee has a fixed annual balance for sports, health care, or education
- English lessons in groups
- Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a(Maidan Nezalezhnosti), Kyiv; Hlinky 2, 1003 (MostCity), Dnipro or you can work full remotely