The Syndicode team is looking for Senior RoR Developer to lead the project. You will be working on a famous marketplace app for the artist community.
About the project
The project is a digital peer-to-peer web application marketplace that allows artists to share their work with the community and sell the products they created.
Our team will be writing an app for a working business model from scratch. The product allows Creators to share and sell their world-class creations: 2D and 3D assets, tools, courses. And Customers can work with the best artists in the industry.
At Syndicode, a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer means that you
- Develop the project’s architecture;
- Lead the team of developers;
- Mentor team members, help them, participate in their growth;
- Be responsible for the quality, delivery, and documentation;
- Participate in product analysis;
- Secure the quality through code reviews and pair programming with a tech team;
- Head project meetings.
What you should have
- Idiomatic solid Ruby on Rails knowledge and practice required;
- Strong judgment in the picking of gems, dependencies, and datastores;
- Strong SQL database fundamentals;
- Understanding of web-app performance fundamentals, experience in profiling;
- Knowledge of AWS infrastructure setup (EC2, load balancing, RDS);
- Knowledge of Heroku infrastructure;
- Experience with building REST API on Rails;
- Practices Test-Driven Development;
- Experience at debugging complex problems;
- Upper-Intermediate English level.
- Offices in the city center – Maidan Nezalezhnosti in Kyiv and Most City in Dnipro;
- Healthcare insurance after the trial period;
- Flexible working environment (We focus not on the hours but the result. Typically we work from 8:00-11:00 to 17:00-20:00);
- 15 working days for vacation;
- 100% compensation for 20 sick days per year;
- Opportunity to work remotely from any location;
- Internal English lessons.
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? — Two months.
- How often are there overtimes, and what is the approach to payment? — We aim to maintain a work-life balance and usually do not practice overtime work. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a typical working day.
- How many stages of the interview? — 3 steps: HR interview, Tech interview, Interview with CEO.
- Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a, Kyiv; Hlinky 2, 1003, Dnipro.
We’ll be happy to see you at Syndicode!
A Syndicoder possesses good soft skills, loves what he/she does, can trust and delegate, always ready to learn new things and unites people in difficult situations.
Every Syndicoder is an innate part of SyndicodeFamily, a horizontally built team with a massive pool of interests and knowledge. For us, friendship, empathy, dedication, and respect are not just words – they are what make Syndicode a team.
Clients see us as professionals who have the expertise, dive deep into customer issues and pains, ask the right questions, be proactive, change the approach in challenging situations, and evolve along with the client’s business.
It is unacceptable for us to cheat or be silent about problems on a project, systematically fail to perform our duties, have no desire to develop, and be toxic in any way.
Our core values are Integrity, Openness, Responsibility, and Be ready to support.
- Integrity for us is not only a trait of character but also an atmosphere in the company. It helps us to cope with the most challenging and seemingly unresolvable situations. We choose this value as fundamental to Syndicode. We know for sure that honesty makes us stronger, allows us to trust each other, and quickly correct any mistakes. Syndicode management is honest about the company’s business, income, and expenses. Each employee admits the existing issues to his Project Lead, and the Lead reports to the client about this issue even if he doesn’t know about it. Integrity allows us to gain two-way trust at every level.
- Openness is like glue, connecting us to each other. We are not shy about sharing our emotions and thoughts, goals, and experiences, we give well-deserved compliments, and we are not afraid of constructive criticism. We believe that you can get positive energy when you release it and accumulate it for the team. At Syndicode, you can approach the CEO and ask any question, hear his opinion, and discuss everything that’s on your mind. The guys know practically everything about each other, they are friends in everyday life, and they love team buildings.
- Responsibility is the ability to make decisions in difficult situations, not only for yourself but also for everything that depends on you. Syndicode rewards the employee’s commitment and gives the benefit of the doubt and freedom of action. As a result, you increase your expertise and get the opportunity for professional growth. Your skillset level is equal to the level of responsibility you take on. You can grow to Team Lead when you are developing not only your technical skills but also your managerial skills.
- Be ready to support. Sometimes while performing a complex task, Syndicoder needs a piece of someone else’s experience, the right advice, or just a glimpse from the outside. By offering your help, you expand the range of knowledge and skills, harness related technologies, share experiences, learn new things. As a result, you gain authority, create a casual relationships and develop your soft skills. And since help is a boomerang effect, at Syndicode you can always count on support in return.