We are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer who will be leading the project from scratch for the Australian market.
About the project
The project is an application providing Software as a Service (SaaS) that connects small businesses like private wineries, farms, and breweries with the end-users and travellers, offering them unique overnight stays together with additional amenities.
The main advantages of the project:
• no competitors in the Australian market;
• involve writing a web version and a mobile application with a common backend;
• project from scratch without legacy code;
• all team members from Syndicode.
At Syndicode, a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer means that you
- Consider the project’s architecture;
- Lead the project;
- Mentor the team members and take part in their performance review;
- Be responsible for the coding, testing, debugging, documentation, delivering the result.
- Take part in the monitoring of production stack;
- Consider quality through code reviews and pair programming with a tech team;
- Report your progress to the project manager;
- Participate in project meetings and technical decisions.
What you should have
- Experience with building REST API on Rails;
- Strong idiomatic Ruby on Rails knowledge and practice required;
- Strong judgment in the election of gems, dependencies, and datastores;
- Understanding of web-app performance fundamentals and related dev tools;
- Strong SQL database fundamentals;
- Practices Test-Driven Development;
- Proficient at debugging complex problems.
- Upper-Intermediate English level.
- Offices in the city center – Maidan Nezalezhnosti in Kyiv and Most City in Dnipro;
- Healthcare insurance after the trial period;
- Flexible working environment (We focus not on the hours but the result. Typically we work from 8:00-11:00 to 17:00-20:00);
- 15 working days for vacation;
- 100% compensation for 20 sick days per year;
- Opportunity to work remotely from any location;
- Internal English lessons.
More Q & A
- Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? — Two months.
- How often are there overtimes, and what is the approach to payment? — We aim to maintain a work-life balance and usually do not practice overtime work. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a typical working day.
- How many stages of the interview? — 3 steps: HR interview, Tech interview, Interview with CEO.
- Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a, Kyiv; Hlinky 2, 1003, Dnipro.