HLPRS Marketplace – House service platform
About the project
HLPRS is a Netherlands-based company that provides clients with a possibility to find help in the household with cleaners, handyman, gardeners, and babysitters.
Everything is well-organized for both customers and helpers: from invoicing to customer service.
HLPRS offers people of different ages, cultures, and backgrounds a chance to work and make other people happy. This platform assists service providers with a (side) job that gives satisfaction. Cleaners, handyman, gardeners, and babysitters control where, when and for what hourly rate they will work. Clients choose a person who will help them with housework based on the desired service frequency, rate, and experience.
HLPRS came to Syndicode with a need to develop a two-sided marketplace from scratch.
HLPRS wanted to integrate all customers and providers into a single system that will help to make transactions automatically while not expanding the company’s workload. We сreated an online marketplace with the following key elements:
- registration for clients
- registration for service providers
- booking for clients
- search for clients
- reminders for both sides
- payments for service providers
- invoices for clients
- reports for both sides
Syndicode provided full-cycle software development for this project – backend, frontend, design, and testing.
The platform went live in January 2020.
Ruby on Rails, React.js, Redis, Sidekiq, RSpec, SCSS, Amazon AWS, REST API/GraphQL, Postgres 11
Marketplace Development, Web Development, Web Design, Website Development, Backend Development, Mobile App Development
Twilio API, Sentry Errors API, MailChimp templates API, Mandrill SMTP/Reports API, Builder.io landing pages API, Google Direct API, Google Geocoding API, Google Map API, Amazon S3 API
Breda, The Netherlands
1 Engineering Lead
2 Backend Developers
3 Frontend Developers
2 Product Designers
Start of the project – January 2019
Release – January 2020
Development & maintenance – ongoing
- 100% automation made it possible to bring together thousands of customers and providers’ databases.
- Syndicode has created a system for integrating a service that enabled the minimization of expenses on payments.
- All-in-one marketplace solution helped to scale the business, increase service efficiency, and reduce staff expansion costs.
- The client can create an order for which the address and convenient time are indicated.
- After the client completes the booking, the search for the most suitable service provider begins.
- The time specified, sufficient qualifications, and experience should meet the requirements of the client.
- The selection process involves a geolocation search to find the provider within a certain radius from the client.
- The algorithm builds routes from the provider to the client and calculates distances for each route.
- A form with various questions is offered for the service provider to clarify his or her qualifications and experience.
- Based on the results, the provider receives points that affect search results.
- The generation of invoices is automatic after each visit to the address from the order.
- The provider search system has a very sophisticated algorithm with vast capabilities tied to a time frame.
7 unique features we introduced
- Search for a service provider taking into account geolocation, work schedule, and workload.
- Automated invoice generation system with the automatic withdrawal of money for services provided.
- Advanced ordering system with an automated mailing system.
- Innovative library for working with European payment systems (SEPA & IDEAL).
- Optimal trip route from the service provider to the client and automatic fare adding to the check using the Google API
- Comprehensive system for assessing the qualifications of each Service Provider (courses, certificates, surveys, rating in different categories).
- Automated reports with a detailed analysis of the work performed by cities across the country.
Syndicode has designed and developed a fully-automated system with the two-sided marketplace. This helped expand the upper limit of business revenue and reduce maintenance costs.
The main challenge was creating the entire product from scratch with little input. The system had to include registration, search, and reminder systems, landing generation system, payment system, analytics, and more. There was a heavyweight technical implementation.
Business problem solved
Before the marketplace creation, HLPRS had to work in a “semi-manual” mode. Separate processes were automated, but there was no single system. Data duplication significantly hampered order processing time. Staff and delivery expenses hindered business growth.
About a year ago we decided we need something new for a company. We looked for a team of great engineers and came across Syndicode. They helped us bring our ideas to life. Any feature we asked to develop – they were always ready for us.
Syndicode was a great match with HLPRS. We are happy to have a team of developers from Syndicode.
Now our system works beyond our expectations.
Thank you, Syndicode.
Syndicode team develops online marketplaces with tangible business value