Since Ruby on Rails is not the fastest web framework out there you sometimes need to improve the performance in order to keep up. This post will list some great tips to improve Rails performance.
Learn how to make your Ruby on Rails application much faster with these simple tips:
- Use rack-mini-profiler
- Puma tuning
- Use the Google page speed module
- Eliminate N+1 queries
- Use proper indexes for full-text search
- Page and Action caching
- Use a fast JSON gem
- Try a timed cache
- Use a faster language for jobs
- Temper your expectations
- Use APM
- Use updated versions of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Make sure to measure in production mode
- Further reading and resources
- Use servers with good single core performance
- Missing database indexes
- Don’t insert massive amounts of data using ActiveRecord
- Fragment caching
findfor big database collections
Check the whole list of tips here.
By the way, did you know that Syndicode created the list of Ruby/Rails conferences for you to visit in 2019?