Can you imagine that our Rails digest celebrates one year! On February 5 in 2018 we started our (weekly at first) regular issues with the most interesting Rails/Ruby projects on GitHub. Now it transformed into monthly trending Ruby on Rails repositories digest and can deliver more of interesting tools and solutions for your use. What can be more awesome than a chance to do less work with better performance? This time, on February 13 of 2019, you will read about e-commerce solutions, Rails security, row sorting library, testing Rails engines and other great RoR projects on GitHub!
The list starts with the most recent updates.
Monthly trending Ruby on Rails GitHub repositories
- Solidus is a complete open source e-commerce solution built with Ruby on Rails. It is a fork of Spree.
- secure_rails is a repository with Rails security best practices.
- plots2 is a collaborative knowledge-exchange platform in Rails, the content management system for the Public Lab research community.
- Real World Rails project brings 100+ active, open source Rails apps and engines together in one repository, making it easier for developers to download the collected codebases and learn from Rails apps written by experienced developers.
- ranked-model is a modern row sorting library built for Rails 3, 4 and 5. It uses ARel aggressively and is better optimized than most other libraries.
- Combustion is a library to help you test your Rails Engines in a simple and effective manner, instead of creating a full Rails application in your spec or test folder.
- Her is an ORM (Object Relational Mapper) that maps REST resources to Ruby objects. It is designed to build applications that are powered by a RESTful API instead of a database.
- Feedbin is a web-based RSS reader. It provides a user interface for reading and managing feeds as well as a REST-like API for clients to connect to.
- plugin-ruby (Prettier for Ruby) is a prettier plugin for the Ruby programming language. Prettier is an opinionated code formatter that supports multiple languages and integrates with most editors.
- ManageIQ is an open-source Management Platform that delivers the insight, control, and automation that enterprises need to address the challenges of managing hybrid IT environments.
- Zeitwerk is an efficient and thread-safe code loader for Ruby that loads your project’s classes and modules on demand.
- Algolia Search API Client for Rails. Algolia Search is a hosted search engine capable of delivering real-time results from the first keystroke.
- coverband is a gem to measure production code usage, showing a counter for the number of times each line of code that is executed.
- Redmine is a flexible project management web application written using Ruby on Rails framework.
- bootstrap_form is an official repository for a Rails form builder that makes it super easy to integrate Bootstrap v4-style forms into your Rails application.
- macinbox is a gem that macOS Mojave in a Vagrant box and supports creating boxes in either the ‘vmware_fusion’, ‘vmware_desktop’, ‘parallels’, or ‘virtualbox’ formats. p.s. This project draws inspiration from one of the episodes of Mr. Robot.
- Heaven’s Door is a tiny Rails engine that generates Capybara test scenario by recording browser operation in development env.
- Solargraph is a Ruby gem that provides code completion and inline documentation for IDEs through Microsoft’s language server protocol.
- activerecord-import is a library for bulk inserting data using ActiveRecord.
- Octicons are a set of SVG icons built by GitHub for GitHub. The vectors for all the icons are stored in a Figma file.
- rack-mini-profiler is a middleware that displays speed badge for every html page. Designed to work both in production and in development.
- Pagy is the ultimate pagination gem that outperforms the others in each and every benchmark and comparison.
- Blazer is a business intelligence tool for exploring your data with SQL that helps to create charts and dashboards, and share them with your team.
- Run.rb is a tool to run Ruby code inside the browser. This project compiles Ruby to WebAssembly.
- suggest_rb tells you which method does the thing you want to do.
- TTY is a toolbox for developing beautiful command line clients in Ruby with a fluid interface for gathering input, querying terminal properties and displaying information.
- Awesome Print is a Ruby library that prints Ruby objects in full color exposing their internal structure with proper indentation. Rails ActiveRecord objects and usage within Rails templates are supported via included mixins.
- pipe_operator is an Elixir/Unix style pipe operations in Ruby that was created to propose an alternative syntax for
Proccomposition in Ruby.
- Fast JSON API is a lightning fast JSON:API serializer for Ruby Objects.
- Paranoia is a re-implementation of acts_as_paranoid for Rails 3/4/5, using less code. When your app is using Paranoia, calling destroy on an ActiveRecord object doesn’t actually destroy the database record, but just hides it.