Aren’t sure how to create beautiful web pages? Come on, it is easier than you think, especially if you know how to use CSS. But if you are not an expert in CSS we would be glad to help you. That’s the list of useful links to resources about CSS that will help you to shine like a CSS star.
We recommend to start with the following resources:
CSS Selectors – a starting point of CSS learning.
- Beginner Concepts: How CSS Selectors Work
- Level up your CSS selector skills
- CSS selectors | MDN Web Docs
CSS Box Model – essential knowledge for CSS newbies.
CSS Layout – you will get to know how to manipulate to create exactly the design you want.
- Getting Started With CSS Layout | Smashing Magazine
- The Ultimate Guide to Flexbox — Learning Through Examples by Ohans Emmanuel
- A Complete Guide to Grid | CSS-Tricks
- Grid Layout Cheat Sheet (PDF)
CSS – learn how to apply some design to it via CSS.
CSS Units – defining the positioning, size and other parameters.
- CSS values and units | MDN web docs
- A Look at CSS Viewport Units | Alligator.io
- Calc() function with Use Cases | Pineco
CSS Colors and Gradients
CSS Transitions and Animations
Collected by Bradley Nice. Thanks him for this awesome list! Want to know more? Then check his original scope here.
Lately we shared with you GRID – a visual cheatsheet for CSS Grid Layout. It is a 2-dimensional system, meaning it can handle both columns and rows, unlike flexbox which is largely a 1-dimensional system. Don’t say thanks! It’s our pleasure!