Here we are with the most interesting
- Node.js best practices is a repository with the largest Node best practices list. 28,833 stars by now.
- Octotree is a browser extension (Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari) that displays a code tree on GitHub. Made for exploring project source code without having to download many repositories to your machine. 17,145 stars by now.
- forever is a simple CLI tool for ensuring that a given script runs continuously (i.e. forever). 12,221 stars by now.
- ws is a simple to use, and thoroughly tested Node.js WebSocket client and server implementation. 11,420 stars by now.
- Nightwatch is an automated testing and continuous integration framework based on Node.js and using the Webdriver protocol. 9,266 stars by now.
- Dotenv is a zero-dependency module that loads environment variables from a .env file into process.env. Storing configuration in the environment separate from code is based on The Twelve-Factor App methodology. 8,916 stars by now.
- tui.editor is markdown WYSIWYG Editor. Repository for TOAST UI editor. GFM Standard + Chart & UML Extensible. 8,547 stars by now.
- node-postgres is a collection of Node.js modules for interfacing with PostgreSQL database. It has support for callbacks, promises, async/await, connection pooling, prepared statements, cursors, streaming results, C/C++ bindings, rich type parsing, and more. 7,325 stars by now.
- Nexe is a command-line utility that compiles your Node.js application into a single executable file. 7,249 stars by now.
- PostGraphile (Formerly “PostGraphQL”) is GraphQL API backed primarily by your PostgreSQL database . 7,233 stars by now.
- Razzle is a tool to create server-rendered JS apps with no configuration. Earlier we made a short review about it on Syndicode blog. 7,089 stars by now.
- react-jsonschema-form is a simple React component capable of building HTML forms out of a JSON schema and using Bootstrap semantics by default. 6,740 stars by now.
- MDX is an authorable format that lets you seamlessly use JSX in your markdown documents. You can import components, like interactive charts or notifications, and export metadata. 6,629 stars by now.
- Tippy.js is a customizable tooltip and popover library powered by Popper.js. It’s compatible with IE11+, about 99% of desktop users and 97% of mobile users. It can be used to create simple static text tooltips, or complex HTML popovers that utilize AJAX. 5,982 stars by now.
- sql.js is a port of SQLite to Webassembly, by compiling the SQLite C code with Emscripten. 5,413 stars by now.
- Bootbox.js is a JS library to create programmatic dialog boxes using Bootstrap modals. 4,649 stars by now.
- CSS-Only Chat is a truly monstrous async web chat using no JS whatsoever on the frontend. 4,295 stars by now.
- np is a better ‘npm publish’. 4,277 stars by now.
- vue-multiselect is a universal select/multiselect/tagging component for Vue.js. 4,270 stars by now.
- Cash is a small jQuery alternative for modern browsers (IE10+) that provides jQuery-style syntax for manipulating the DOM. 3,838 stars by now.
- Bowser is a browser detector. This is a JS library made to help to detect what browser your user has and gives you a convenient API to filter the users somehow depending on their browsers. 3,698 stars by now.
- Comlink is a tiny library (1.1kB), that removes the mental barrier of thinking about postMessage and hides the fact that you are working with workers. It makes WebWorkers enjoyable. 3,249 stars by now.
- Choices.js is a vanilla, lightweight (~22kb gzipped), configurable select box/text input plugin. Similar to Select2 and Selectize but without the jQuery dependency. 2,871 stars by now.
- vue-select – everything you wish the HTML <select> element could do, wrapped up into a lightweight, extensible Vue component. 2,733 stars by now.
- ReactPlayer is a React component for playing a variety of URLs, including file paths, YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, SoundCloud, Streamable, Vimeo, Wistia and DailyMotion. 2,501 stars by now.
- jquery.terminal (jQuery Terminal Emulator) is a plugin for creating command line interpreters in your applications. 2,122 stars by now.
- Dockly is a terminal interface for managing Docker containers and services. 2,062 stars by now.
- node-mssql is a Microsoft SQL Server client for Node.js. 1,479 stars by now.
- Saber is a static website generator for building blazing fast websites with Vue.js. 1,261 stars by now.
- Node-convict is a configuration management library for Node.js. 1,170 stars by now.
- globby is a user-friendly glob matching. 1,086 stars by now.
- on-change is a library to watch an object or array for changes. It works recursively, so it will even detect if you modify a deep property like obj.a.b.c = true. 1,022 stars by now.
- Faast.js makes regular functions callable as serverless functions on AWS Lambda and Google Cloud. It handles the details of uploading your code, creating cloud infrastructure, and cleaning up. 1,021 stars by now.
- file-type is a library to detect the file type of a Buffer/Uint8Array/ArrayBuffer. 1,014 stars by now.
- low.js is a port of Node.JS with far lower system requirements. 918 stars by now.
- bent is a functional HTTP client for Node.js w/ async/await. 666 by now.
Check our previous JS digests here.
If you want to receive more of interesting information, subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Oh, btw, we have Telegram! Join us there as well to get all the news instantly!