If you are interested in the Design, you should probably know that design systems solve problems by making your code consistent and increased the usability of digital properties. Today we are going to show you the 2019 Design Systems Survey that explains that all.
This survey had 256 responses and was shared everywhere in the social media, Slack channels and emails to the web designers. Here are some of the most interesting data:
- 92% of the in-house team respondents stated that their organization is actively maintaining its design system.
- Of 108 agency respondents, 81% work at firms with 200 or fewer employees.
- 51% are designers or user experience professionals, 42% are developers, and 7% are in management disciplines.
- Over 70% of the in-house respondents and 65% of agency respondents said they first learned about design systems by reading articles about design systems.
- Respondents answered that they preferred a tool with specific features or compatibility, that was ease in use, had good collaboration abilities, speed, and performance.
- 48 respondents said consistency and 46 respondents mentioned efficiency when they were asked to describe why having a design system is valuable.
- 79% integrated the design system into the developer’s workflow or tooling.
- 49% deliver their design system by an external codebase and consumed via package.
Explore the survey with all the data and figures here.
P.S. Get to know how to use personal touch patterns for better mobile UI design.
Or just hire Syndicode to provide you with a great and functional design!