Syndicode’s main tech stack is Ruby on Rails. Apps created with this framework have several common advantages that make them favorites among programmers. We already shared with you information about 10 famous Ruby on Rails web applications. And today we would like to enrich this topic by adding the list of famous businesses that use Ruby on Rails in 2019.
Actually, Rails is an extremely popular framework for big companies. Here we would like to present to you some of the most famous web applications written with Ruby on Rails:
- Crunchbase. That’s the website for everyone who wants to find out who manages the best companies or invest in the projects you are interested in.
- Ask.fm. A social Q&A website where users can ask any questions to random anonymous people.
- Bloomberg. A website that provides users with financial analytics and equity trading news, data services, and news of financial companies and organizations.
- Fiverr. Global online marketplace used for offering services and micro-jobs starting at $5.00 for a performed job.
- Yellow Pages. The website provides the technology, software, and integrated tools for small business owners to manage their time, communicate with clients, and control their business in general.
- COOKPAD. Japan’s biggest recipe site where users can upload and search through original recipes.
- Helpling. A marketplace with home cleaning services that connects cleaners with homeowners.
- Apps for Good. An organization that cooperates with educators to deliver quality technology learning courses to the students.
- Artemest. Italian e-commerce website offering a great variety of home décor, jewellery, and lifestyle art created by top Italian artists.
- Intellection. A market research platform for big corporations that offers many products and tools for clients to measure the effectiveness of their advertising, conduct surveys, results, the strength of a brand’s equity.
- 500px. A community of more than 15 million photographers who share their work, expand their networks, learn new skills and make money on selling photos.
- Zendesk. A service software company that helps companies with customer support.
- Soundcloud. An online platform where you can discover, stream, record, promote, and share music from major artists around the world.
- Clarity. An online marketplace that connects people who look for the advice of experts from marketing, sales, venture capital, customer acquisition, and business development.
- Crazy Egg. A service provider that enables marketers to improve their website content and architecture based on user behaviour.
- Groupon. The e-commerce marketplace that connects subscribers with local businessmen by offering activities, travel, goods and services in many countries.
- Indiegogo. An international crowdfunding website that connects creative inventors and funders who support their ideas.
- Pixlr. A cloud-based set of image tools for professional photographs tp photo edit and share.
- Scribd. A digital platform with a library based on a subscription model where users have access to more than a million eBooks and audiobooks.
- MyFitnessPal. A mobile app that helps users to lose weight by keeping track of the foods they eat and exercises they do.
- Shopify. E-commerce software platform for online shopping in the stores and retail.
- Whitepages. The great online directory with contact information and public records for contact information for over 90% of US adults.
- Yammer. An enterprise social networking service where users can privately communicate within organizations.
- Twitch.tv. The video platform and community for gamers where they can watch, broadcast and chat on every game.
- We Heart It. A photo and visual platform that supports still images, animated GIFs, and video.
- GoodReads. The world’s biggest website for readers and book recommendations
- ThemeForest. An online marketplace where you can find website templates and WordPress themes with over 10,000 themes to choose from.
Btw, do you know that many of them are online marketplaces? And do you know why Ruby on Rails considered the best framework for developing online marketplaces?
If you have a marketplace in mind, ask Syndicode about help! We’re marketplace development experts!