It’s been a long time since we last wrote about business, not technology. But everything is very connected. You can be a unicorn programmer, but your startup will crash if you ignore the main business rules and management. Here we found a few advice for the future CTO that will make your first steps in business less painful.
In his article, David Mack showed the list of things he wanted to know before becoming a CTO. And that makes much sense for anyone getting a leadership position or starting the own business. We collected the highlights for you!
A few advice for the future CTO
- Technologies have a surprisingly short lifespan. Consider this!
- You need to budget time and strategize for the replacement of technologies
- Invest your time to make product easy-adaptable for the future changes
- Focus on continual small improvements
- Run tests! Always!
- Hire to keep up with growth, not to generate it. In other words, don’t hire someone to do something you’ve not yet figured out
The original material available here. Good luck!