Missed our news about Angular? So, today is your day! Angular 7.0.0 is here! This is a major release that has changed the entire platform, including the core framework, Angular Material, and the CLI with synchronized major versions. Read more in our article.
This release contains new features that have enabled several major launches. Let’s look closer to them:
- The CLI will now run common commands like
ng add @angular/materialto help you discover built-in features like routing or SCSS support.
- Virtual Scrolling loads and unloads elements from the DOM based on the visible parts of a list.
- Drag and drop support is now in the CDK and includes automatic rendering as the user moves items and helper methods for reordering lists (
moveItemInArray) and transferring items between lists (
- Improving the accessibility of your application by using a native
selectelement inside of a
- Angular Elements now supports content projection using web standards for custom elements.
- It has now Angular Console , AngularFire, NativeScript , StackBlitz , Angular Language Service, and more features like tabbed editing for partner launches.
- The documentation on angular.io now includes reference material for the Angular CLI.
- Major 3rd party projects – TypeScript 3.1, RxJS 6.3, Node 10 were updated.
- Ivy is currently under active development
For more details go here.
Meet also Codelyzer for static code analysis of Angular TypeScript projects. Keep an eye on our blog!