As Ruby on Rails agency with many projects in logistics, we can’t underestimate the next Ruby gem. This is something really useful for online marketplaces, GPS tracking and other web and mobile applications that rely on geographical data. Geocoder is a geocoding solution for Ruby, and the fact of its existing is great even without further explanation. But we have the explanation, of course. Below.
Geocoder works in the following scheme: it takes an address and looks for its latitude and longitude coordinates. Then it finds an address. The main features of this Ruby gems are:
- It can do forward, reverse and IP address geocoding.
- You can be connected to more than 40 APIs worldwide.
- Its performance is resulted in caching.
- Its advanced configuration enables many parameters
- You can use APIs in different conditions.
- It has the ability to integrate with ActiveRecord and Mongoid.
- There are basic geospatial queries like search within a radius and other shapes.
For details see here. It’s worth trying!
We also would like to remind you about how important mobile apps for logistics companies. Read on!