We are never tired to sing the Ode to Ruby. And that’s logical. Because we are Ruby on Rails agency! And as Ruby experts, let us share with you another great thing. rom (Ruby Object Mapper) is a data mapping and persistence toolkit for Ruby.
Ruby Object Mapper (rom-rb) is a data mapping and persistence toolkit for Ruby that is used to provide powerful object mapping capabilities without limiting the full power of the database.
Main rom gem offers the following components:
- core – Core and Adapter APIs
- mapper – Data mappers integrated with rom-core
- changeset – Changeset objects integrated with rom-core
- repository – Additional repository abstraction integrated with rom-core
There are other gems within the rom ecosystem that you will find useful:
- rom-factory struct generator with support for persistence
- (WIP) rom-migrator common APIs for database migrations
Now it’s your turn. So, please check more detailed information with all links and examples here.
More Ruby hacks and tools are included in our regular monthly Rails digest. The newest issue is on its way!