It seems like almost a month passed from our latest Rails digest. Many great conferences have taken place in June and July – you can watch some videos from GORUCO and Ruby HACK here. However, we also have a lot of interesting stuff to share with you. Since the last digest, we collected a bunch of nice Rails GitHub open source projects that will be definitely useful for your work! Here you will find project management software, Bootstrap 4 Ruby gem, performance dashboard for Postgres, CMS, optimized JSON gem and more… Meet the new ‘Weekly trending Ruby on Rails repositories. July, 23’!
The list starts with the most recent updates.
Weekly trending Ruby on Rails GitHub repositories
- Zammad is a web-based open source helpdesk/customer support system with many to manage customer communication via several channels like telephone, facebook, twitter, chat, and e-mails.
- Flutie provides some utility view helpers for use with Rails applications. There are helpers for setting a page title and for generating body classes.
- OpenProject is a web-based project management software for planning, scheduling, creating a product roadmap and release planning. It uses Agile and Scrum software development methodologies and provides time tracking along with cost reporting.
- Bootstrap 4 Ruby gem for Ruby on Rails and Hanami.
- Skinny is a full-stack web app framework to build Servlet applications. Skinny framework is highly inspired by Ruby on Rails and it is optimized for sustainable productivity for ordinary Servlet-based app development.
- React-Rails is a flexible tool to use React with Rails. You can Integrate React.js with Rails views and controllers, the asset pipeline, or Webpacker.
- if me is an open source app to share mental health experiences with loved ones.
- PgHero is a performance dashboard for Postgres – health checks, suggested indexes, and more. It is available as a Rails engine, Linux package, and Docker image.
- Snibox is a self-hosted snippet manager. Developed to collect and organize code snippets. Supports various programming languages, markdown, plain text.
- Refinery CMS is an open source content management system for Rails 5.1+.
- Trestle is a modern, responsive admin framework for Ruby on Rails.
- Spreadsheet Architect is a library that allows you to create XLSX, ODS, or CSV custom spreadsheets from ActiveRecord relations, plain Ruby objects, or tabular data. You can create multi-sheet spreadsheets using ActionController renderers for Rails. Plain Ruby also supported!
- Down is a utility tool for streaming, flexible and safe downloading of remote files. It can use open-uri + Net::HTTP, HTTP.rb or wget as the backend HTTP library.
- ActiveRecord-import is a library for bulk inserting data using ActiveRecord. It follows ActiveRecord associations and generating the minimal number of SQL insert statements required, avoiding the N+1 insert problem.
- Oj (Optimized JSON) is a fast Ruby gem that was created by implementing the encoding and decoding of JSON in C, as a C extension to Ruby.
- Staytus is a solution for publishing an information about any issues with your web applications, networks or services.
- acts-as-taggable-on is tagging plugin for Rails applications that allows for custom tagging along dynamic contexts.
- RRRSpec enables you to run RSpec in a distributed manner. It developed to obtain the fault-tolerance properties to process-failures, machine-failures, and unresponsiveness of processes in the automated testing process.
- Koudoku is a robust subscription support for Ruby on Rails apps using Stripe, including out-of-the-box pricing pages, payment pages, and subscription management for your customers.