Nowadays there is no great app without stylish elements and usability. The effectiveness of the application is measured by the combination of functionality and attractiveness. Yes, great design is needed here. But don’t worry, we are going to tell you about something you will definitely need to know. Mobile-first responsive web design. Here it is!
Building mobile-responsive design results in more opportunities to get potential clients. Here are the main principles of progressive enhancement that you need to keep in mind:
- The foundation for adaptive experience should be semantic HTML5 markup.
- To keep everything simple start with mobile CSS.
- To get more flexibility of the styles, try to use relative units like ems and percentages.
- Your content should be the determination for media queries.
- Find ways to lower the requests by loading content and using HTML characters, CSS gradients, Data URIs and others.
- Look at mobile features as an advantage. Things like touch screens, telephone links and geolocation can be used for bringing more experiences to mobile users.
This material will help you to walk through the steps of creating an adaptive mobile experience. Check the demo.
We are always happy to answer all your questions. And we also remind you that Syndicode provides custom website development for startups and enterprises no matter the industry and timezone.