Over the past years, the Ukrainian IT industry has grown rapidly. But foreign entrepreneurs and investors sometimes find it difficult to understand who there is on this network and what they can offer. Therefore, UNIT.City has created the first directory of tech-ecosystems in Ukraine. And according to the latest information presented in this ‘Tech Ecosystem Guide to Ukraine’, Ukraine is on the 1st place in Europe in terms of the volume of IT service exports!
For the first time, UNIT.city was able to gather information on key players in the market: top companies, startups, funds, accelerators, R&D centers, urban clusters, educational programs, government initiatives – in one presentation. The first catalog of IT ecosystems will help Ukrainians present our home abroad, find partners and investors.
Here are the key points from the ‘Tech Ecosystem Guide to Ukraine’
- There are 184 700 software developers in Ukraine
- $290M startup investments in 2018
- 18 Ukrainian IT service providers included in the 2018 Global Outsourcing-100 list
- 100+ Fortune 500 companies (including Samsung, HP, and Google) have chosen Ukrainian IT services
- There were 4000 tech companies in Ukraine in 2018
- IT outsourcing was the 2nd largest export industry in Ukraine in 2018
- 1000+ events for IT specialists, startups and investors are organized in Ukraine every year
- Ukraine is on the 1st place in Europe in terms of the volume of IT service exports
- Ukraine is the 7th in the world in terms of quality and efficiency of the freelance workforce
- Ukraine is on the 11th place in the Top-50 world’s developers
We are proud of these achievements and we wouldn’t stop making the qualities and quantities of the Ukrainian IT services better!