Syndicode has been a great development partner for us at Southern Made. They have helped us build a variety of websites and apps; everything from microsites that went from design to deployment in a matter of days to large-scale applications and APIs that were developed over many months. In addition to developing new web properties, they have been able to jump in and provide maintenance support on a wide variety of our existing apps with very quick ramp-up time. Syndicode works hard to make themselves available for constant communication and is a development partner I would highly recommend to anyone building web-based applications.
With all the tools and software on the market today that gives web developers a chance to make their life easy, it can be tough for someone to choose among them. Understanding all their features could be mind-blowing and can take up your whole day or two. That is why experts are there to give you a clue on what they think is the best web service development service there is.
Like any other development tool, Rails help web developers an easy way to do their job. It acts as a framework that provides a clear structure for all the code that developers write. This framework helps web developers build applications and websites because it simplifies and abstracts repetitive tasks that are commonly used.
Ruby is the language that is used by Rails. For web developers, it acts as terseness and an elegant language. One of the key principles of Ruby on Rails web service development is developers can choose convention to work rather than constant configurations. This only means that web developers do not have to spend the whole day setting up, configuring files because Rails gives you a set of conventions that you could use to speed up your web service development.
Another characteristic you’ll find in Rails RESTful application feature. REST which means Representational State Transfer is a software architecture which focuses on client-server relationship. It encourages applications to have a logical structure which you can easily use as an Application Programming Interface.
The Ruby on Rails web service development also encourages community advocacy with their Agile web development which is an iterative method of development. It encourages a flexible and collaborative approach that is well suited for web application development owners who have fast changing requirements in their industry.
Advantages of using Ruby on Rails Web Service Development
- Ruby on Rails web service has one of the fastest languages and frameworks compared to its competitors. This is because Ruby focused on being object oriented and Rails are a community with a vast variety of open source codes.
- Web developers can move from project to project because the convention of Rails has ready to use coding practices and structures.
- The framework of Rails makes it easy for web developers to make changes because it’s also good with Rapid Application Development.
- The codes of Ruby is self-documenting and is easy to read which can increase the productivity of web developers because they don’t need to spend so much time documenting.
- Ruby on Rails web service has a tried and tested framework which makes it very reliable.
- The libraries of Rails are open source which means you won’t have to pay anything for the licensing.
Potential Limitations of Ruby on Rails Web Service Development
- Not every single website host can able to support Rails.
- PHP and Java are more popular and are widely used by web developers because of their languages.
- The scalability and performance of this web service development are not as fast as C and Java.